Monday, December 3, 2012

My perfect first advent sunday...

Yesterday morning I opened my eyes and saw that it was snowing...I was so happy! The first real snow on the first advent. How perfect is that?

After some playing with my cat (Mimi) and a lot of cuddling with my love, he had to leave...So I started in my day and decided to make it a good one!
At first I had to do some necessary, but boring stuff (folding laundry, cleaning, etc.).
But shortly after that, the fun began.

I finished decorating the apartment for christmas.  I have to say, I`m very, very happy with it and I spent as little money as possible. You can make great decorations with very little and simple things!
The last thing I wanted to do was the advent wreath. I bought a (not so pretty one) and just took of all the stuff that was on it. I wrapped some ribbons around, decorated it with pinecones and two ornaments.
I think it turned out beautiful!




Then it was time for my first batch of christmas cookies.
That`s what I came up with:



I will share the recipe with you later today.


After spending time inside, I was craving some fresh winter air and went for a walk with my camera.
It was freezing and gorgeous.






I payed my family a little visit, had tea with my mom and had dinner with all of them.


My day ended with drinking tea, painting my nails and watching one of my favorite christmas movies (the family stone).
It really was a perfect day. I didn`t have such a good week. I was mostly laying in bed, with a stupid bladder infection. I was frustrated and bored. And anxious.
But yesterday I just decided to have a great day, and I did.
I was so happy when I went to bed...

So I learned an important lesson...: I am able to be happy and have a great time, because I want to. Then it doesn`t really matter, if I`m anxious or not.


I hope you had a great sunday as well.

Love,

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment