Sunday, November 4, 2012

We are all earthlings.....

I just watched the documentary: " the earthlings" and it moved me deeply....

So I`m telling you, you should watch it...

Here! Do it!

I`m gonna tell you a little bit about the movie aswell as write down my own thoughts about it.


The earthlings is a documentary concerning the living beings we call animals. We share our planet with them, sometimes our home and our food.
But how comes, we treat them like shit?!

The movie is structured into different chapters, such as FOOD, PETS,ENTERTAINMENT, etc.
It is heavy, I tell you...I cried.
You can see how cows, chicken, veals or porks are treated and slaughtered. The conditions are horryfiying and without any kind of respect...
Animals trapped in small cages, skin to skin....They sometimes eat eachothers tales and ears, because they are suffering from starvation and are just going crazy.
They don`t have space to move, they never see daylight.

It shows how foxes and other wild animals are getting skinned alive...

I could go on and on, but the short of it is: It`s just sick!

Humanity is sick. How can people work at slaughter houses, where they beat animals to death every day. They cut their throats and just let them hanging, until they eventually die..
They yell at them, letting their own anger and frustration out.

When you see this, you think you see nazis!
The screaming, the beating....I can not understand how these people are able to sleep at night, or take money for this kind of job.
I`d rather be homeless than work at a place like this.


Of course, I think about this often...
What can I do? How do I want to handle this?! 

I try to be a good human. For me, this means treating all living beings with respect. 

A lot of things make me angry and sad.
If I could, I`d only buy organic, local and handmade stuff. Where I know where it comes from.
Food, clothes, furniture, everything.

But that`s simply not possible, if you`re not a millionaire.
Unfortunately I still have to buy clothes at h&m, I can`t buy just organic, because I don`t have the money....

I have a few tricks, that I live by. I always try to get better and just in general: buy less stuff!
But it`s hard. We`re living in a time where it is always about consumating....
It`s difficult to be a part of the world, and still live conscious!

I could easily go nuts over this! I could cry and think the world is such a HORRIBLE place (which it is) but it`s also magic and beautiful.

BUT, we have to do something. It starts with the littlest things, like buying swiss apples and not those from newzealand (when you`re in Switzerland). Or buy veggies that actually grow now...it`s not natural to eat strawberries in november, guys!

Back to the animals, which are the main characters in the documentary....

Think about getting a pet,  and also think about where you`ll get it.
Read where your meat comes from...Buy organic if you really have to eat it!
If you don`t have much money, eat meat once a week...Then you can afford it and it becomes a special treat.
Don`t buy fur! It`s ugly and animals are treated the worst!!!!

Just be conscious about what you do and how you do it! 
We can always improve....



Love ,

Sara Tatanka

3 comments:

  1. Von dem Film habe ich auch schon gehört, und hab auch den Trailer gesehen, habe aber Angst, mir den ganz anzuschauen. Schon beim Trailer musste ich hemmungslos heulen...
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kati,

      ich hab auch geheult....aber es lohnt sich!

      Delete
  2. Hast du nicht schonmal versucht Vegetarisch zu leben? Was wurde daraus? :-)

    ReplyDelete